Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Daily Dose of Randomness: U2, Abecedarian, Lysol and Johnny Darkling!

This will be my first in hopefully a long line of random stuff morning posts! I think I'll start with a song to get me in the mood for my day, then a word I've never heard, an inspirational smell, and my goals for the day! Sooooooo, here I go!

Today's most awesome song is "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" by U2! This is a song from the Batman Forever soundtrack, and it makes me feel invinicible! I think that feeling really helps when I'm launching into a new project.

Here's an interesting word: "Abecedarian" which is an adj. It means alphabetically arranged (as for beginning readers). I alphabetize everything pretty much, but I've never heard this word! Hmmm... I bet I could have used it in so many sentences! I suppose I could say that my practices are very abecedarian!

My smell of the day is Lysol: original scent! Normally I would say something like the scent of the current incense stick burning  in my library, or perhaps that of a candle or food, but today I think it must be lysol! I've become hopelessly addicted, and I find the aroma very invigorating! I like to spray it in short puffs in the air around me just to make sure the air smells clean, and somehow I focus better! It was amongst the smell that I decided to combine Johnny Darkling with the Wolf and the Bear, and now I'm thinking about changing the title... it's more about Chloe after all, and not so much Johnny...

Today's project is to finish the combined outline for the new Johnny Darkling and to think of some new titles I might change it to...
Johnny Darkling is a young adult paranormal romance about a girl named Chloe. She crawled from a ditch on the side of the highway when she was about thirteen years old, with no memory as to who or what she is. When she's examined in the hospital, a couple of the doctors discover that Chloe is telekinetic.
No one can figure out who Chloe is or where she came from, and so her fascinated doctor--Jet Jones--brings her home to join his family until they can find hers.
Five years later, Chloe is a bit of a trouble maker and is in the middle of her last year in high school. She has a few friends, but her best friend is Cody Jones; Jet's nineteen year old son. The two of them are nearly inseperable, and finding it hard to cope with the fact that Cody has already graduated.
A new family moves into the old Lorre mansion down the street, and Chloe finds herself captivated by them--especially one in particular, who is as peculiar as he is gorgeous. His name is Johnny.
Johnny seems drawn to Chloe, as if gravity were pulling them together, and it was he who uncovers the truth behind Chloe's telekinesis. He's thrilled to have found her and tells her that's he isn't normal either; he's a Darkling.
The Jones's forbid Chloe from seeing Johnny or any of his creepy family, hatred seeming to fuel their decision, and Chloe can't figure out their reasoning. She doesn't see anything wrong with Johnny or his family, but the Jones's seem to know something she doesn't--and Johnny knows something about them too.
On top of it all, Chloe's about to turn eighteen, and Cody tells her that he's in love with her! She tells him no, but he's persistant--but how could she possibly be with Cody when Johnny is quite literally in her dreams?
A stranger shows up in town and somehow the Jones's find him more threatening than Johnny's family, and Chloe wonders if it's just a matter of them hating guys that hit on her? Jordan seems harmless enough--only Jordan holds the secret of who Chloe really is, and he's been hired by someone who wants to take Chloe away from everything... and he won't take no for an answer.

Ah! I'm starting to give you too much information! LOL. I'll give you more updates as I progress, and I'll try not to give out any spoilers! Peace, love and chicken grease!

4 comments:

  1. And you expect the rest of us to just sit around while you dilly dally with your story? Damnit, woman, tell us everything and tell us NOW, and don't leave out any details! I have an identical twin brother who is not very well put together, and we don't want him to become unhappy, so . . .

    :) J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the contrary Jay, I believe I can help your brother! Lol, why not give him something to look forward to? :)

      Delete
    2. On the contrary Jay, I believe I can help your brother! Lol, why not give him something to look forward to? :)

      Delete
    3. On the contrary Jay, I believe I can help your brother! Lol, why not give him something to look forward to? :)

      Delete